- You are here:
- GT Home
College of Sciences' SMaRT Living Learning Community
The Science and Math Research Training (SMaRT) Living Learning Community (LLC) engages first-year majors in the College of Sciences (CoS) in activities designed to foster success and to introduce them to undergraduate research opportunities.
Students majoring in the Schools of Biology, Chemistry & Biochemistry, Earth & Atmospheric Sciences, Mathematics, Neuroscience, Physics and Psychology are encouraged to apply. Students from other majors may apply, but first priority is given to students in the College of Sciences.
Program components include:
- Residence in the CoS SMaRT Living Learning Community newly renovated Folk Residence Hall on West Campus. Across from the newest dinning facility on campus!
- Co-enrollment with other participants in a common set of core classes that support academic success(e.g., Chemistry, Biology, Math, English, GT 1000).
- Meetings with world-renown researchers, and trips to local laboratories.
- Behind-the-scenes access to research centers where discoveries are made including the GT observatory, Integrative Cancer Research Center, GT Urban Honey Bee Project, Center for Advanced Brain Imaging, and Astrophysics Visualization Lab
- Lunch lecture and dinner series that provide small group opportunities with professionals and Georgia Tech faculty.
Please note that there is a $400 SMaRT LLC program fee per semester (i.e. fall 2018 and spring 2019) that covers the cost of excursions, professional development activities and social activities.
If you have any questions, please email: email@example.com.
NOTE: The link to apply can be found in your admissions portal